I love squat jumps because they fatigue the thighs really fast. This program is a supplement to your normal leg routine. It's done 3 days a week with a rest day in between.
You can add weights to this workout by wearing a 5 to 10 pound weighted vest or you can hold light dumbbells. I would recommend anything between 3 and 10 pounds. Don't go too heavy because this is an intense plyometric workout which is tough on the joints. *The 30 day squat jump program is not for anyone with knee, hip or ankle injuries or conditions.
Here are some do's and don'ts
- Warm-up at least 5 minutes before doing this program
- Jump on a padded floor or on a wood floor
- Do not jump on concrete
- Stretch at the end of your workout
- Do not do this routine everyday
- When squatting, your knees should never go past your toes
The 30 day squat jump program is not for a beginner. If you would like a challenge, try my modified 30 squat challenge for beginners. After you mastered the intermediate modified 30 day squat challenge, you can then try this routine.