The Top Eight Ways To Go Red In February
February is national heart month in the United States and heart disease is the number one killer of women. What can you do to help fight this condition that takes the lives of 500,000 American women each year? Here are 8 ways to spread heart healthy news to your friends and family and have them Go Red in February:
- Get to know the signs of a heart attack
- Reduce your risk factors of heart disease by stop smoking, lowering your blood pressure, and decreasing your bad cholesterol and triglycerides levels
- Become CPR certified or buy a CPR home kit for you and your family
- Decrease the amount of cholesterol and fat in your diet and/or your family's diet. Try cooking some heart healthy dishes.
- Start a fitness program. It can be something as simple as walking. Find the best exercises for decreasing the risk of heart disease
- Wear red on Friday, Feb. 7, 2014 or host a Go Red event in your community or at your job
- Reach out to a female friend or family member that needs a heart healthy intervention
- Volunteer for a Heart Month event in your area or support the Go Red for women movement by donating
To achieve the best results from your workout,
exercise with a heart rate monitor.