How To Make Your Resolutions Stick
I have to admit I'm a resolution kind of gal. Every year, I make a few and sometimes I actually keep it going throughout the year but usually I lose track about April. I had to go back and see what made me successful with the resolutions that became a lifestyle change.
The year I made a successful change was when I wrote the goal down and only had one, not several. Everyone has set goal in their lifetime, you need to figure out what made it successful for you.
Here are some ways you can make your resolutions stick:
- Aim small. If you want to start a work-out regime, maybe set a goal to workout two days a week instead of everyday or do 3000-5000 steps a day with a pedometer. Don't set a goal you know won't be attainable, like working out 6 days a week.
- Set one goal instead of three or four. My goal this year will be to save more money by doing The 52 week money challenge. I'm only doing this and that's it.
- Tell your friends and family about your goal if you think they will be supportive if not, join a group or make up one with co-workers or cyber buddies. I made a Facebook page for the 52 week challenge and I sent an invite to my cousins and etc on both sides of my family. By telling friends or doing the challenge with others, helps you stick to that goal.
- Your New Year's resolution doesn't have to start on January 1st especially if you are not ready. Three years ago, I started my resolution in December and another year, it started in February. Spring is a great time to begin your lifestyle change. Think of it as a rebirth of the earth and a new beginning for you.
- Write it down and post it somewhere so you can see it everyday. I did this a few years ago and it really did help.
Good luck with what ever goal you set. Remember to aim low and write it down and have a happy healthy new year. Have you ever made a resolution and was it successful?