Losing Weight With Protein Bars
Years ago, when I needed to lose weight quickly because I overindulged, I would do my protein bar diet. I was very successful losing weight that way. The diet has its pro and cons but if you do it right, it can be very healthy.
- Easy to do and can start the diet very rapidly
- Saves you a lot of money especially if you make your own protein bars
- Great for those on to go
- Can leave you very hungry especially if you don't consume your fruit, vegetables and drink your water
- If you buy certain bars, they can be high in sugar
- Not great for a long-term weight loss
- You can't do heavy workouts while doing this program
Losing weight with protein bars diet example:
250 calorie protein bar
Apple or Pear
250 Calorie protein bar
2 Low fat cheese sticks or 20 nuts or celery with Laughing Cow cheese
3 to 4 ounces of meat
1 to 2 cups of vegetables(no peas or corn as a veggie) or large salad
I would add a serving of carbohydrates and it depended upon how hungry I was. I would have a 1/2 cup(250ml) of cooked rice or beans or corn.
Have you ever done a diet similar to the one above? If you are joining me, come to my Facebook page and comment there.