I was not a water drinker until a few years ago. I developed dry eyes and the doctor told me to make sure I keep my body well hydrated. Diet Coke had been my go to fluid for many years and it only made my eyes drier because it's a diuretic. Drinking water was a hard thing for me, so I decided to start a water challenge on a forum where I am a member. By leading the challenge and checking in once a day, it forced me into being responsible for my water intake.
Today since it Monday, let's attempt to start drinking 6 to 8 glasses a water a day. It will be hard and for the first two weeks and the bathroom will be your friend, but it will be worth it. You will receive quite a few benefits for drinking water. Check out WebMd's article on the benefit of drinking 8 glasses a day.
The water challenge rules
- You will start today drinking 3 to 8 ounces glasses of a day (8 ounces = 235 ml). If you are not a water drinker start small and commit only to 3 glasses a day.
- Decrease your consumption of caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea, and cola. Your tea, coffee and cola has to be decaffeinated.
- Do the challenge with a buddy or a group of friends; you can hold each other accountable about your water consumption.
- You can add oranges, lemons or cucumbers to your water. One glass of juice is equal to one glass of water but do not substitute juice for water, too many calories.
- If have a heavy workout, be sure to drink 1 to 2 glasses extra of water.
- Add one extra glass of water a week until you reach the 8 glasses a day.
I have kind of fallen off but I will restart today with this challenge. I would like to know, do you drink enough water?